Monday, July 23, 2018

Review: The Lovely Bones

The Lovely Bones The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973."

This book is unlike any book that I have read before, and for that, it holds a special place in my heart. I feel such a strong connection with all of the characters, that it was hard for me to part with this book. Susie Salmon was murdered by her neighbor when she was 14, and her brother, sister, mother, and father are at a loss of how to continue living with the loss of their beloved daughter. Susie watches life go on on her personal Heaven where she comes to terms with her own death while her friends and family are struggling with their lives.

"I wasn't lost, or frozen, or gone... I was alive, I was alive in my own perfect world."

"You're not supposed to look back, you're supposed to keep going"

The ending of this book was perfect! I felt like the ending really touched on every character throughout the novel and brought the novel full circle. In my opinion, everyone in the book was relatable, and it made the book that much more enjoyable. This book makes you realize how important love, family, and friendship are.

"These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence: the connections...that happened after I was gone."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Art of Feeling

The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims My rating: 4 of 5 stars This book breaks your heart and mends it up aga...