Friday, November 2, 2018

Review: Trouble Brewing

Trouble Brewing Trouble Brewing by Suzanne Baltsar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"He swept his hand through his hair that wasn't quite brown or blonde, straight or curly, but rather an artful mix of all it flipped to the side in a clumsy sort of style"

Piper Williams and Blake Reed cross paths one fateful day when she enters his gastropub in Minnesota. Piper has just left a disastrous relationship and proves to herself that she can be an independent woman in an industry full of testosterone-filled men. She currently works her brewery out of her garage and ponders on the idea of starting her own business, or at the very least sell her beer at pubs around. From her first encounter with Blake, it is safe to say that it is love at first sight. She told herself she wouldn't get involved with her only vendor, for it may spread rumors and risk her growing business. Blake also has feelings for Piper.

"Piper was pretty; tall-is, pale oval face, and freckles on her nose. But what stood out was her hair, the color of a red apple. And her eyes. I'd never seen eyes so big and green before. Innocent and wild all at the same time. When she looked at me, it felt like a quiet challenge"

When one of Piper's former bosses spots her with Blake, he warns her that rumors can spread in an instant and she should really contemplate her choices. So, a bet is set that Piper have to gain two more vendors to go out with Blake. The day comes and Piper has a total of three vendors, and they go out on their first date. :) They are a PERFECT couple and bring out the best in each other. I am not going to spoil any of the best parts, but Ill just note that there are plot twists and tension begins to rise dramatically.

"Like was such a stupid word to use. I didn't just like Piper. I adored her. I cherished her. Even when she didn't call me back. I treasured, idolized, and worshipped her. I loved her."

This book is witty, funny, and romantic all in one. I am so happy I came across this book and read it as quick as I did. I always love books that have two perspectives, and this book made me enjoy it even more! Piper and Blake are amazing characters that really show their love for each other. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!! :)

"Blake was my missing puzzle piece that made everything better. He was my lobster"



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Art of Feeling

The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims My rating: 4 of 5 stars This book breaks your heart and mends it up aga...