Friday, November 23, 2018

Review: I Never

I Never I Never by Laura Hopper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book definitely was one that I will not forget. Janey King has never been in love, and to be totally honest, she hasn't even liked someone. With her time revolved around friends, family, and school, where's the time, right? Oh, and on this vacation, she found out her parent are separating. On the plane home from her vacation, handsome and popular Luke Hallstrom is also on board, and soon Janey's priorities start to shift. Luke actually likes Janey! Soon, Luke pursues Janey, tasing her out for ice cream, running alongside her at track practices... They are slowly falling for each other.

Janey has two questions: is she ready to make room for a boy? and is she ready to have sex? This book delivers a romantic, funny, and realistic portrait of a girl figuring out what a romantic relationship actually entails. Like all girls, she experiences self-doubt, jealousy, empowerment, and happiness- all that come with love!

"It doesn't seem like Luke is at all aware of the statement he is making. Luke does what feels right to him, and he's not going to worry about being judged. I love that about him. And I love holding his hand at school, and I love that we have nothing to hide, and I think I might love him"

I feel that this book could have had a different, more romantic ending, rather than Janey and Luke leaving for college, never to see each other again. This book was a heartfelt read, and I enjoyed the characters growing up and changing along the course of the novel.

"We know we made the most of our time together. We were kind and respectful and honest. I learned so much from Luke-about myself, about sex, about growing up and falling in love. Luke taught me how to be adored and how to be vulnerable"



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Art of Feeling

The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims My rating: 4 of 5 stars This book breaks your heart and mends it up aga...