Friday, November 30, 2018

Review: My Favorite Mistake

My Favorite Mistake My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

"Dark hair buzzed so short his head was almost shaved, purposeful five o'clock shadow, piercing blue eyes and at least a foot on my five feet. And a cocky smile to top it all off"

Taylor had no idea whatsoever that her new roommate would be a guy, not to mention a guy she is attracted to from first sight. She continues to deny her feelings for dark and handsome Hunter Zaccadelli because of her dark past that I will not spoil. Taylor talks herself into doing anything and everything possible to get him out of her life before she falls in love with him.

"Those blue eyes seared into me. He was the kind of guy who could see things that other people couldn't-things that I'd spent my entire life covering up and hiding from the masses"

Hunter is like no other guy Taylor has met before; he is a HUGE flirt, and makes light of everything he can. He is the type of guy that has a big heart behind a facade of being a bad boy, tattoos, guitars, and all. But, Hunter has a secret just like Taylor, and he as well is not sure if he's ready to share it with someone.

"Most people wanted other people to like them so they tried and were overly nice. Hunter wasn't like that. He was what he was and didn't give a sh** if people like it or not. No matter how crazy he drove me, I had to admire that about him"

With Hunter and his sexual innuendos and sarcastic comments, and Taylor with her facade of a bad attitude, they seem to realize that what they share between each other, what Taylor though was annoyance, is actually deep romance. Soon, Hunter works, goes to class, and lives with Taylor, much to her "dismay". Hunter continually flirts with her, even making a few bets to try to go out with her. I truly believe that once Hunter shares his secret with her, Taylor realizes how much of the same person they are; they both have dark pasts and they both want to have a bright future with each other present. Oh, when Hunter finally kisses Taylor, a lightbulb moment appears in which she really will drop her secret to be with the one and only Hunter. :)

"Hunter was different. He'd seen through my exterior, seen through the wall of tangled thorns that guarded me. And here he was, asking me if I wanted to let him try to break through..."

Both Taylor and Hunter have different lucky charms throughout the book that truly make an impact on the entirety of the novel. There are so many sweet, comedic, sexy, flirty, and fun moments in this book that I don't want to spoil a lot of it. I am so happy to have come across this book, and Hunter will have a place in my heart.

"My love for him settled over me like a blanket fresh from the dryer on a chilly winter night. The tight feeling went away as I stepped into our bubble..."




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Art of Feeling

The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims My rating: 4 of 5 stars This book breaks your heart and mends it up aga...