Saturday, November 10, 2018

Review: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating

Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"I could never quite tell whether she was oblivious or just didn't care what people thought, but no matter how chaotic she was, she always managed to give off an innocent, unintentionally wild vibe"

Hazel Bradford is a lot to handle, and most men frankly don't want to put up with someone as wild and carefree as Hazel. Ultimately, Hazel is a kind spirit in search of honest fun. Josh Im has known crazy Hazel since college, where he found that her craziness was incompatible with his calm personality. (She threw up on his shoes, even giving an oral presentation on the anatomy and function of the penis in Human Anatomy). Josh Im sees Hazel in college more as a spectacle than a friend. 10 years later, Josh's life is turned upside down with his cheating girlfriend, and he sees going out with Hazel as a breath of fresh air.

""being too Hazel-y?' She is all of these things, but it's actually why I like her. She's entirely her own person..."

Although right from the beginning Hazel has had feelings for Josh, at the start it is a one way street. They keep their relationship solely as friends who simply get dates for each other and go on other dates. It seems that every double date they have, it brings Hazel and Josh closer, for their dates always seem to connect with each other, leaving Josh and Hazel on their own. Pretty soon, Josh realizes that he also has feelings for Hazel but neither one of them admit it. The have "casual" friend-sex twice, and both are afraid of what is to become of their relationship.

"My eyes dart to Josh's. Like the soul mate I always knew he'd be, Josh is already looking my way"
"I don't answer. I can't, because it feels like the idea of saying it breaks something inside me open, exposing this precious organ. I've been avoiding tor word since I stepped back from her bed, found my clothes in the dryer, and left her apartment. I gave love so easily to Tabby, ad compared to what I feel for Hazel?"

Christina Lauren always is flawless with their books' and this one doesn't disappoint. The chemistry between Josh and Hazel is cunning, witty, and caring, and from the moment you start reading, you can't help but fall in love with both of them! :) Whether you have read Christina Lauren or not, this book is sure a crowd pleaser!!!

"To fall in love, to be loved. The reality that we are together now is enough by itself to make my breath grow tight and hot in my chest. And to be here, with an ultrasound photo clutched in my hand... The mind, it reels"

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Art of Feeling

The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims My rating: 4 of 5 stars This book breaks your heart and mends it up aga...