Sunday, October 28, 2018

Review: You Will Be Mine

You Will Be Mine You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have never ever read something as thrilling and emotional as this book! Lylah and her brother Riley have gone a long way since the death of their parents on Valentine's Day. So when all the romance and emotions of February appear, Lylah (at school without her brother) decides to let loose from the stress of life and school with her friends. Plus, Lylah hopes that hitting the dance floor will bring Chace (her best friend who she also has a crush on) closer. Before they leave for the party, the girls are touching up their make up and the guys are slipping on their jackets when an anonymous note addressed to Sonny (a roommate) appears. They all laugh it off, but when he never returns home, another note arrives that says Your turn.

"Order something you don't have to cook, and I'll try to eat. I want you to have more protection, Lylah. I want you to have the entire f***ing army surrounding you. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you. I can't lose anyone else."

Quickly in the novel the tensions begin to become high and it triggers Lylah's emotions from the death of her parents. I don't want to spoil this book because there are SO many plot twists, but the notes appear more frequently the closer to Valentine's Day it is. However, with these high emotions, it finally brings Lylah and Chace together! :)

"Chace takes my cheeks in his hands, his touch feather light. I open my mouth to tell him I love him. But I'm not sure if the words come out. All I can gear is my pulse working overtime, thrumming in my ears..."

This book has so many emotions and feels and it is truly a masterpiece. The ending is so unexpected so I don't want to spoil ANY of this amazing read. There were really tender moments and really high anxiety moments, but this book is truly a must read! Thank you!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Art of Feeling

The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims My rating: 4 of 5 stars This book breaks your heart and mends it up aga...