Sunday, September 23, 2018

Review: Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked"

Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to a gossiped outsider with scars covering her arms in one fell swoop. Even Echo herself does not remember the truth about the horrible night. Echo just wants everything to be normal with no dead brother, disappeared mother, and just to simply have a steady relationship.

"...his dark eyes met mine. His shaggy brown hair fell over them, but I could tell he was looking at me... Somehow, he made jeans and a T-shirt look dangerous. Not that I was into girl-using stoners. Yet, I took another peek at him while sipping my drink"

Noah Hutchins is a smoking-hot, girl-using loner who explodes into Echo's life with his tough attitude and warm heart. He has a past of his own; his parents died in a house fire, separating his two brothers indefinitely. Echo's world turns upside down when she starts to tutor him, and their attraction only escalates. Noah is the only one that has seen her scars, and even though Echo does not seem to believe it, they have more in common than what meets the eye. While Echo wants to remember the whole truth of her past, Noah simply wants to unite his family once again.

Noah and Echo's crazy attraction refuses to decimate, and Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and how much she will risk for true love. This book has so many feels, and it seems like real life in many aspects. One can imagine themselves in both Echo's and Noah's shoes and they both seem like real, genuine people. This book is very relatable, and it really portrays true love and what it takes to get there.

"This girl owned my soul and stole my heart. She'd opened herself to me, giving me love and never asked for anything in return. I deepened our kiss, the words I love you stuck in my mind"


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Art of Feeling

The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims My rating: 4 of 5 stars This book breaks your heart and mends it up aga...