Friday, January 11, 2019

Review: My Sweetest Escape

My Sweetest Escape My Sweetest Escape by Chelsea M. Cameron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"A guy wearing a baggy hoodie and equally baggy jeans jeans over torn-up high-tops was looking at me like I was something he'd never seen before. He had darkish skin, cropped black hair, but the most astonishing green eyes. They popped in his face, especially since they were fixed on me"

Jos Archer was once the girl with the perfect life- she wore proper clothes and made good grades in school, and her whole life was ahead of her, until the night it came crashing down in flames. Nine months later, she is reckless, parties all the time, gets drunk, and does not have a strong well being for a 19 year old. She is hiding a secret she will not even expose to her older sister, Renee, who she is forced to live with after her dangerous lifestyle.

At the first moment she arrives at her sister's house who she shares with three different couples, she feels like the odd man out because of her transferring schools and not being in love, not that she wants to be anyway. On an occasion of tagging along with her sister's volunteer work at the hospital, she tumbles across handsome, smiley, and snarky Dusty Sharp. As fate as it, Dusty is a friend of Renee, and so he hangs frequently around where Jos lives. Her guilt and worry of her past resurfacing (which I won't spoil), causes her to not be interested in love. She feels as if she doesn't deserve it. However, as she spends more and more time around Dusty, and with the help of her new best friend Hannah, Dusty seems to pull Jos out of her shell.

"He leaned, and I leaned and we leaned and my head was spinning and I was afraid I was going to go off balance, but I was falling just as much into his eyes...

For Jos in this situation, she is at conflicting attitudes. With her strict sister keeping her eye on Jos 24/7, how will Dusty and Jos become he couple they are both afraid to begin? Similar to Jos, Dusty hides a dark past that he hides with his optimistic and self-confident attitude. And also like Jos, he has never told a soul about his fears and not wanting to face reality of his past.

"This was only a completely different planet compared to all the there kisses I'd had before. Those had been... adequate. Serviceable. Good enough. Kissing Dusty was like.. quenching a thirst I'd been living with my entire life. And once I got one drop, one taste, I knew I wanted more. I kissed him like I was drinking him in, taking him and making him a art of me. This was a life-altering kiss."

Both Dusty and Jos share a connection they have never felt before, and when Jos finds a picture of Dusty with his brother, she flips out. (This is part of her dark past). However, once Dusty and Jos share their secret that they have been hiding for so long, they realize they having the shared experience brings them closer together than ever before.

"A beautiful mess I don't know how I got myself roped into..."

Jos and Dusty's story is so sentimental and caring it is not hard to sympathize with their heartaches and troubles. They seem as if they were meant for each other, and you can't help but cry tears of joy at the end because they had been through so much together. I truly hope the you enjoy this book as much as I did!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Art of Feeling

The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims My rating: 4 of 5 stars This book breaks your heart and mends it up aga...