Thursday, December 27, 2018

Review: Promised

Promised Promised by Jodi Ellen Malpas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"His piercing blue eyes are burning into me. Deep, deep into me. My gaze drifts and takes in his open suit jacket, a waistcoat and pale blue shirt and tie, his dark stubbled jaw, and the way his lips are parted just so. Then I find those eyes again. They're the sharpest blue I've ever seen, and they're cutting right through me with an edge of curiosity. The definition of perfection is standing before me and it has me staring in wonder"

All I'm gonna say is that this book is an emotional rollercoaster. I cried, I mean I always seem to do, but this is the type of book where you sob uncontrollably because of the perfection of Miller Hart. Olivia Taylor first notices him when he walks into the coffee shop where she works. With his almost too perfect attire, and stunning eyes, she is almost too distracted to take his order. He walks out of the shop as if he did not feel any attraction, and she thinks she'll never see him again. But, as she cleans up, she finds a napkin with a note signed M...

All Miller Hart wants is one night to worship "innocent" and "sweet" Olivia Taylor. No strings attached, no feelings, just one night of pleasure. With all of her defense mechanisms, she refuses. He's obnoxious but well-mannered, a gentleman but unapproachable. Finally, though, she gives into her temptation, and their fascination with each other is monumental, an \d 24 hours is simply not enough.

"I want to feel this good forever, and I'm not sure that any other man will do it for me"

Although Olivia seems to have a care free and happy go lucky life, she has a dark past. For her own mother chose prostitution over raising her own daughter. In her past, she decided to give prostitution a try, and looks back on it with sorrow and regret. Miller alike has a dark and deep past that he does not wish to explain with Olivia, but she prods and prods and unveils his own secrets that no one is aware of.

"And in this moment, when he's worshipping me, feeling me, and taking me so tenderly, I conclude that Miller Hart does express himself. He's expressing himself right now."

"There are sparks... full on, electric sparks, and we're creating them... Don't deprive us of this... Please..."

This book like I said never disappoints. I cried, laughed, but most of all, I got annoyed with Olivia Taylor. She pushed Miller Hart back to his dark past and it tore him by the end. I cried so much at the end and I don't think I will ever forgive Olivia, but I think that she is now Miller's world, so I am happy for him. This book is so so so amazing that I am pumped to read the rest of the series. I hope you will love this book as much as I did!!

"I'll never do anything less than worship you. I'll never be a drunken fumble. Every time I take, Livy, you'll remember it. Each and every moment will be etched on that beautiful mind of yours forever. Every kiss. Every touch. Every word."





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Art of Feeling

The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims My rating: 4 of 5 stars This book breaks your heart and mends it up aga...